Wednesday, October 22, 2008

All Roads Lead to Rome.........?

So was taught to me in school by English teachers who glorified the existence of a city which I bet they wouldn’t’ be seeing in their lifetime. With due respect to their experience and their gray hair, I wish to differ from the knowledge they imparted as no road leads to Rome but to some place fit enough to burn calories. The bug caught on to me and I found myself walking towards the Malleswaram Sankey Tank, 6 am in the morning every single day – trust me I never woke up this early even for MBA exams.

 

I don’t intend to explain what sankey looks like – u wanna know, u better go – but what I’ve observed from the past one week is this:-

 

-          I can understand a toddler quacking at ducks in the sankey water to attract their attention but men over 40 trying to do the same with an intention of getting attention from young girls is certainly not a rejuvenating act – not early in the morning.

-          You walk so that u exercise your body, breath in lots of fresh air, fill it in your damn lungs and pile on the energy for the entire day. So stop b@$%^&*g about your daughter – in – law, your neighbor’s dog and the politician’s girlfriends. Just walk your walk, you don’t need to talk.  

-          My dear lovebirds, I know it’s tough to keep your hands off your partner but imagine getting caught in the middle of the act perhaps by your dad’s friend who paces up and down the length of sankey tank checking out young girls. My suggestion – get a room.

-          One last thing – its time you fake laughter groups remain silent (we call it dead air in Radio Lingo) or shifted your camp to some place else. Haven’t you realized the ducks swim nowhere near you? Imagine my plight.

 

Sometimes I think I should have got myself a treadmill but trust me getting this kind of free entertainment five minutes away from home makes my on air performance better. I hope and pray that Sankey Tank remains the way it is and doesn’t get run over by METRO. 

7 comments:

  1. Haha!! Good one :) welcome to the blogosphere.
    You might see me huffing and puffing my way along there sometime, though at 6am, Im usually in la la land :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks bikerdude .........u're born with a lean body, but i need to pace sankey up and down. but trust me sometimes 7 in the morning u can see lots of la la la in sankey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thoroughly agree with your opinion....we have to spare something to the fauna thats hardly left on Mother Earth.... else our kids would only see ducks in old movies and documentaries on TV.

    Every time i pass by a thought fills up my mind that someday I would sink into its vastness....it also shows a man how small he is as against its magnanimity.....it reminds of the ground reality time and again....personally i like to be humbled everytime i pass on the bridge of Sankey tank....

    Thanks for taking me back to myself.....even if it was only for a few moments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think i made u emotional sanjith......my next post would contain pictures of blore..places which would vanish in a few years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good One !! and very true too... I miss those walks there... ! we shud walk together when I get back there... and I'll mind... walk the walk and not talk... :D... Cheers to Sankey !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks Smi........o yes we will def walk there together. its lovely at 6 in the morning.

    ReplyDelete