Friday, April 29, 2011

Marriage and Heaven.................?


Let me begin this post by stating the most abused, exploited and over used clichéd statement that somehow does not seem to have caught any rust during the passage of time, ‘Marriages are made in heaven’. I wonder, is that really true? I mean, is there someone hired by Human Resource Department in heaven to handle the wedding department? If yes then let me tell you then the guy hired must have been some government official when alive on earth. Never on time for work, never knew what he worked on, extended lunch and tea time and left early from work to reach home. The files on his table never moved unless one of them brought him some extra cash under the table. Thanks to the lousy guy, a lot of young beautiful boys and girls wander single these days.

Frankly, let’s for once give the govt guy above a benefit of doubt and try unearthing a fact. Marriages are not made in heaven. They are made on earth by you, me and a lot of other people around us. It could be either love, arranged or according to my school of thought, just marriage. The very thought of commitment makes most of them shiver timbers. I’ve noticed this trend in girls. The thought of not being emancipated anymore makes the fairer sex push the matter every time it’s presented in a platter. I’ve met a few of them who gingerly sit in their car, come home, talk to my brother, are sweet enough to engage me in a conversation (usually, it gets way too boring) and finally given up on marriage.

Are they being paranoid? Does the loss of emancipation make them sceptic not to explore the grass on the other side of the fence? How exactly do they define the word ‘Matrimony’? it looks more to me that most of us either men or women are definitely looking for a relationship sans commitment. It would be nice if the world could be divided into two places. A hanamachi and the other, rest of the world. That way those of us who are serious could find a lifelong commitment without the fear of the dark clouds of divorce or infidelity looming over us.

Am I asking for too much?

4 comments:

  1. not at all Rashu.. not at all... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need so much faith to be instilled girl. I've just lost hope on people these days :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely not Rashmi, you ain't asking for more :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a lot Vijay. I just hope I make sense to the rest of the world

    ReplyDelete