Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Outcast

Yes, I noticed that I sported undone eyebrows compared to the pretty ‘Bong’ ladies gathered at the Durga Pooja. I also noticed that what I wore to the said occasion was simple sans any bling and if I would have worn the same in a place like Delhi I would have successfully scandalize twenty dozen Delhi women, fashionistas or otherwise. And yes, I accept that compared to all the one thousand and fifty odd people who had gathered there, I had a bad hair day.

If these three reasons are enough for you to not accompany me anywhere in future, then let me tell you, I don’t fancy sporting a bushy eyebrow myself. Do you think I crave to look like Rubeus Hagrid? Unfortunately, it’s not like your beard that I can shave off even at the slightest sprout. And if I am forbid from visiting a beauty parlour for ten whole days of navratri due to religious sentiments, I don’t intend to break the rule either as it is easy to follow it than get an earful. You just have to wait.

Yes, what I wore was plain but let me add, I am not an exception. And also I don’t detest getting dressed in grand and shiny clothes. But honestly after having spent all morning cleaning the entire house and decorating it for the festivities, if I am given a ten minutes notice period to look my best, be my guest to press my festive clothes neat. Moreover, I have to choose clothes that can go with my slightly healthier body type. You see I can’t lose weight overnight. I wish I really could though.

If I’ve had a bad hair day, then yes I’ve had a bad hair day. I can’t help it.

But what you’ve failed to notice is that I am what I am. I can’t perhaps change in a million light years, because if I did, I wouldn’t be me. And if you still have a problem hanging out with me or accompanying me to any place whatsoever, do me a favour. Don’t ask me to go with you because when you come with me, I don’t care what you look like, what you’ve worn or what you smell like. I care for those few minutes that I spend with you which I would cherish as a memory for years to come.

I am not an outcast you see. I am just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment